What is this new role about?
Invoice2go is seeking a passionate, ambitious and collaborative Senior UX Designer to join a small design team with a proven record of shipping product. This role offers the opportunity to play a pivotal role in defining the experience for our iOS, Android and web products. As a Senior UX Designer at Invoice2go you will work closely with leadership and will be charged with influencing the design team and developing original solutions to large interesting challenges. We're in over 160 countries and are closing in on 300,000 paid Subs and we're not stopping there, we need you to contribute and continue to execute on the problem we are solving for small business all around the world.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, impactful designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs.
What is a week in the life of this new role?
- Works with product managers to define, design and implement projects.
- Partner with engineers to iterate on designs and deliver delightful experiences.
- Collaborates with your fellow product designers to ensure consistency and quality across the product.
- Develops wireframes, user flows and design documentation.
- Prototypes user flows, interactions and animations.
- Participates in user tests, synthesise findings, and validate your design choices.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders when presenting your work and clearly articulate your design and product thinking.
- Demonstrates and articulates a strong understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows.
- Consistently considers the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends).
- Leads the vision for their product area alongside their product and engineering counterparts.
- Influences and challenges the direction of the design team, it’s processes and tools.
What have you been up to lately?
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to plan and run own research, e.g. moderated and unmoderated usability testing, tree testing, card sorting, facilitate design sprints, prototyping. etc etc.
- Ability to entirely own and run product initiatives, with the support of visual designers, design researchers and content strategists
- Strong portfolio or examples of projects.
- Deep knowledge of design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision)
- Solid understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and space.
- Curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and eager to give and receive feedback.
Invoice2go is the world’s top selling invoicing app.
Equipping business owners with the most straightforward way to run a business, Invoice2go brings together all the tools needed to get the job done: From winning jobs, tracking estimates and payments, and offering the ability to pay any way.
We're on a mission to simplify the lives of small business owners around the world so they can focus on what matters most.
Invoice2go was founded in Australia by Chris Strode, and now has offices in Sydney & The Silicon Valley.
Today, we are backed by $60 million in funding from Accel, Ribbit Capital and OCV Partners, and trusted by business owners across 160 countries to send $24 billion in invoicing every year. The company employs a world-class team from it’s offices in Redwood City, California and Sydney, Australia.
We’re working hard to solve big challenges for the smallest of businesses, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our team.
Invoice2go is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.
Android, iOS, and Product & Design
7 days ago - source