You are a human-centered design researcher and strong communicator who can work collaboratively on passionate teams. You are comfortable conducting, synthesizing and presenting generative and evaluative research findings. You have the ability to empathize with the customer and take pride in untangling pain points in ways that are brand-aware. You understand the difference and value in both qualitative and quantitative research and know when and how to effectively conduct both. You know how to perform formal research studies when resources allow, but are also comfortable getting scrappy and finding ways to quickly get an idea in front of customers for a quick gut check. You know how to work with designers to refine solutions so that they are easy to use and beautiful to experience. You are comfortable working across multiple modalities and interfaces from desktop and mobile to in-store experiences.
Please provide a link to past work and thinking.
- Contribute to the generative research, user requirements, information architecture design, prototyping and usability testing.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary team with engineering, product, legal and marketing team members to find holistic solutions and ensure quality implementation.
- Communicate concepts, design solutions and research synthesis both visually and through documentation.
- Leverage, refine and evolve a centralized design system.
- 1–4 years of experience in software/product design research
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with evaluative research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience with generative research and synthesis
- Ability to scope, schedule, execute and synthesize user-testing
- Conversant in complex & emerging technologies
- Understanding of agile design and development practices
- UX-centered systems thinking for complex organizations
- Facilitation for decision making and prioritization
- Experience quickly prototyping interactive solutions for testing
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
28 days ago - source